Here at Tavistock Veterinarians we believe that your mental health is as important as your physical health, and that it is often closely intertwined. People with no diagnosed mental health conditions can experience a time of reduced mental health – conversely, those with diagnosed conditions can find care and support that allows them to have excellent mental well-being.
Here you will find mental health resources that are available to you for free. They provide essential information and assistance to those who face mental health challenges, or for those looking to help a loved one who is struggling.
If you have a resource that you would like added to this list, please let us know!
Emergency Contacts (available 24/7)
- 911 Call if someone is putting themselves or others in danger
- Mental Health Helpline 1-866-531-2600
- Drug and Alcohol Helpline 1-800-565-8603
- Parenting Helpline 1-888-603-9100
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-9100
- Farmer Wellness Initiative 1-866-267-6255
- Accessible 24/7/364
- Provides access to free counselling services and tailored mental health support to all Ontario farmers and their families
- Canadian Mental Health Association (416) 977-5580
- Mental health resources, and a mental health meter to help identify if you could use support
- Farm Credit Canada
- Offers a dedicated mental health program
- On the website are helplines, webinars, and access to mental health professionals
- Do More Ag
- Founded by those who work in the Canadian agricultural industry, the website offers resources to those within Canada that need them
- Interfaith Counselling Centre (519) 662-3092
- Located in New Hamburg with a satellite clinic in Kitchener
- 8 counsellors with a range of specialties that include trauma, grief, and children/youth mental health